Details a new player’s stepping in the $8 billion flower business in the United States. Relating the utilization of overnight air freight (Federal Express), IT, an 800 number, and a publication, Calyx & Corolla was altering the manner flowers had conventionally been supplied, overlooking three linings of supply, and delivering very fresh flowers straight from the producers to consumers. Puts forward the question of how this new venture should develop further.
1. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the Calyx & Corolla formula?
2. Why has Calyx & Corolla been successful?
3. What are the potential sources of channel conflict in the Calyx & Corolla system?
4. What steps should Ms. Owades and her associates take next to more fully develop Calyx
5. How would you determine the life-time value of a customer?
6. Visit their web-site. How has this helped Calyx & Corolla?
7. What is the value of a C&C customer using their current direct marketing approach?
8. Should C&C use a TV ad approach to acquire new customers?
9. Is Calyx’s system only a system for gifts? What markets are being missed?