The proprietor of a frozen yogurt organization must assess the execution of three local organizations. To do the examination, students must flex the monetary allowance via occasional temperature; ascertain income, volume, cost, and effectiveness differences; break down the impacts of exchange costs; and compute return-on-venture. Likewise, the proprietor considers how to define key limits and how to remunerate his administrators.
Italian Region, French Region, Spanish Region 2009 Results
Profit Plan, Actual, Variance
Cost of Goods Sold
Profit before Interest and Taxes
1. How would you explain the difference between the Italian region’s expected and actual profit?
a) What was the impact of the change in sales volume?
b) What was the impact of the change in the prices charged for ice-cream and specialties?
c) What was the impact of the changes in the cost of raw materials, labor, and fixed costs?
d) How much of the changes in the cost of raw material and labor are due to changes in the prices of the raw materials and wages of labor, and how much are due to manufacturing efficiencies?
2. How would you evaluate the performance of the manager of the Italian Region?
3. How would you evaluate the performance of the French and Spanish managers? How would you account for the ice-cream transfer from France to Spain?
4. What problems is Jacques Trumen facing?
5. What would you recommend to him?