Rover Car Company initially produced cars were perceived to be a doctor’s car. It was perceived to be reliable in emergencies. The lack of infrastructure limited Rover to develop a new model after WWII. It had decided to launch a new model to compete in the automotive sector. The company’s creation was a four by four passenger car. Freelander was thus founded which was one of the earliest jeeps for work not on roads.
1. What is the genesis of the Freelander?
2. Why is it important for Land Rover to launch a different car model than they had in that time, which focused segment they wanted?
3. What are the characteristics that market segment that Land Rover wants to attract?
4. Why is it important to set the design conditions before executing the design?
5. Identify the main strategies used Land Rover design.
6. Identify the main strategies used production Land Rover.
7. What you have done if you were in charge at the above questions.