The founder and president of a transportation company based in Toronto, Ontario considers two options available to his 50-year business. He could either simplify the operations, or he could transfer the control of the company to his successor. This consideration of the future of the family business includes the assessment of the changes in the truck hiring industry.
1. What is the current economic climate of Canada and the U.S. as well as globally?
2. What is the state of 3 party logistics and motor freight industries in Canada and the U.S.?
3. What are the strengths and weaknesses of PLI?
4. What are the implications of having family members in key (executive) roles in the company?
5. Is merging or outright sell of the company an option?